Causes Extract to read from the archived logs only, without querying or validating the logs from system views such as v$log and v$archived_log. If this parameter is specified or the database is a standby database, you will be required to position the starting position of Extract to the physical address in the log, instead of using a timestamp.
TRANLOGOPTIONS ALTARCHIVELOGDEST /oracle/g01/bkup01/archive/
Object ID Database – Object Database
The basic steps are the following:
- Initial Database setup
- Add GGS user to source DB
- Add/Check database level for supplemental logging.
- Add supplemental logging to tables needed in extract
- Make backup of primary DB – core tablespaces only
- This can be using RMAN, BCV splits, O.S. copy, Hot backup etc.
- System tablespace
- Rollback tablespace
- Temp tablespace
- Create standby controlfile
- Copy any archive log files to target system
- Copy Datafiles to like system
- Should be same structure of you will need to add parameters to map directory names
- Copy standby control file
- Startup standby DB no mount status
a. Offline drop any non-system, rollback datafiles 7. Startup mount DB
a. Recover database (standby recovery)
- Once recovery is until current time or last available archive file
- Open database read only
- If database needs more recovery before DB will open you need to check if ADVReplication is on for the source BD – Set in standby parameter file –
replication_dependency_tracking = FALSE
- If ADV Rep is on you will need to disable it.
- Once DB is open you can start GGS.
If the archived logs reside in a location other than the Oracle default, specify the
location with the ALTARCHIVELOGDEST option of the TRANLOGOPTIONS parameter in the Extract parameter file. This parameter is supported for RAC installations in release 10 and higher.